November 4, 2016
Initial Manuscript Deadline
December 14, 2016
February 24, 2017
Final Manuscript Deadline
All authors who have been accepted must register for the conference and attend the conference to present their paper. Authors who do not attend the conference to present their papers, or arrange for a co-author or knowledgeable colleague to present their paper in the absence of the primary author, will not have their paper published in the IEEE IEL and IEEE Xplore, per IEEE policy.
IEEE reserves the right to exclude a submission from distribution after the conference, including exclusion from IEEE Xplore, if the submission does not meet IEEE standards for scope and/or quality. Articles excluded from further distribution shall be archived by IEEE but shall not be indexed or appear on IEEE Xplore.
Prepare the final version of the manuscript using the paper templates linked here
REMEMBER: the final version of a paper in the format given above CANNOT EXCEED 8 PAGES. NO EXCEPTION IS ALLOWED.
Final Manuscripts in the Case Study track are expected to be shorter, formal papers on real cases and practical achievements in the Industry. The manuscripts will be limited to 8 pages.
Final Manuscripts in the Application or Research track are formal research papers that address novel ideas, theoretical issues, technology, methodology, and applications. The manuscripts will also be limited to 8 pages.
Online registration is now open. You MUST register before uploading your final paper. Papers will be included in the proceedings only if at least one author has registered and paid the registration fee by February 24, 2017. One full IEEE/INCOSE Member or Non-Member registration (student registrations do not apply for this) covers only one (1) paper. To guarantee more than one (1) paper in the proceedings, the author must pay a $50 USD surcharge for each paper in excess. If you need to register by bank transfer, please contact Cynda Covert, the SysCon 2017 manager.
NO PAPER WILL BE PUBLISHED WITHOUT THE AUTHOR'S COMPLETED REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT.
Final Manuscript Production
From the final manuscript formatted as instructed above, authors must generate the electronic version in PDF format. Regardless of its initial format, the file containing the final version of the paper must be transformed in the PDF format using the IEEE PDF eXpress webtool. PDF files generated by means of other tools are not acceptable.
To generate the IEEE Xplore compatible PDF file of your paper, follow these steps:
- Create your IEEE PDF eXpress account: http://www.pdf-express.org
- Use Conference ID: 39115x
- Upload the source file that contains your paper for conversion
- Receive by email the IEEE Xplore-compatible PDF of your paper.
- Once you receive your Xplore-compatible PDF, log in at http://edas.info/22742
- Fill in and sign the IEEE Copyright Transfer form
- The IEEE is enforcing strict copyright rules. For your convenience, the copyright form is made available electronically through EDAS. To access the copyright form, click on the 'My Papers' tab and click on the copyright icon under the copyright column (second column from the right). Authors who are not authorized to sign a copyright transfer form, should download the paper version of a copyright transfer form, fill it in, and ask an authorized person to sign it. Then, send the completed form to the SysCon Manager by fax: +1 (352) 872 5545.
- NO PAPER WILL BE PUBLISHED WITHOUT THE SUBMITTED COPYRIGHT FORM
- Click on the My Papers tab. Click the upload icon (third column from the right) and a dialog box will open that will enable you to select and upload your paper via the web or via FTP.
- You will need to indicate the presenter in EDAS before uploading your final manuscript
- One author must register for SysCon 2017 before uploading your final manuscript
- The appropriate copyright form must be correctly completed before uploading your final manuscript. An electronic copyright form is available in your EDAS paper record.
Prepare the presenter's biography form:
- In EDAS, please declare who will be presenting the paper at the conference. To do this, click the 'My Papers' tab, click on your paper title, and then click the Change/Add icon in the Presenter row. Indicate who will present the paper and click Choose presenter.
- Presenters must fill out a short bio (50 word maximum) on EDAS by going to the 'My Profile' tab and filling in the information in the 'Brief bio' field. Information in this form will be used by the session chairperson to introduce the presenter.
The electronic version of the final manuscript, the presenter's biography form, and the copyright form must be submitted through EDAS by February 24, 2017.
Important Copyright Notice for Web and Internet Posting
If authors wish to post their papers electronically on any website, any FTP site, or any other electronic dissemination technique, they must include the IEEE Copyright notice on the initial screen displaying the IEEE-copyrighted material. More information from IEEE can be found here.
Problems in preparing and submission your final manuscript? Further information?
Contact the SysCon Manager:
Conference Catalysts, LLC